St Andrew's was founded in Seguin in 1853.  The original St. Andrew's Episcopal Church building was completed in 1876. In the century following, changes and additions included extensive repairs for hurricane damage, construction of a vestibule and sacristy, exterior surfacing with limestone, chancel and altar additions, interior carperting and replacement of the original pews.  A gift was given to St Andrew's which specified restoration of the chapel.  Among other things, it stipulated replace current pews with the original pews or replicas of the originals.  The following slide show depicts the restoration of the chapel with replica pews in 2012.  




Restoration of historic Chapel